Pages

Friday, August 3, 2012

Sereni & Shentel Coloring Contest

Sereni & Shentel? People who know me will also know I don't give a damn for this hairband. Or rather, I don't use hairbands at all! So why should I bother spending RM100+ for a hairband?

Okay, nevermind that, my title is "Sereni & Shentel Coloring Contest". So, coloring contest! I participated in the SS's coloring contest. The prizes are the hairbands, of course. So you may ask, "thought you don't give a damn for the hairbands?". Yes, I don't give a damn, but come to think of it, their hairbands cost alot! What if I sell them? >) So there goes my motivation to participate in such a coloring contest.


I actually submitted my artwork late, but they still accepted it, cause I got my reason for it. The closing date was on the 1st August, and there's no time stated, so naturally, people would assume the closing time to be at 11.59pm, 1st August. But I got work on that day, so I decided to submit it after I come back from work, which is 10+pm. But just when I'm about to submit, I found out that the submission was closed at 4pm and that they only posted the closing time on that day. I wasn't online the whole day, you can't expect me to know it's closed until when it's too late, right? Due to unsatisfactory, I messaged them my artwork and explained the reason. Being reasonable, they accepted it. Here, take a look at my artwork:


Cherry participated too. In fact, I know this contest from Cherry. She put so much effort in it. You can see her work here. See the details on the hair, and whether or not you realize, she RE-DREW EVERYTHING, cause she removed the outline to make it look 3D. Put in so much effort, and here's the winner:


Comment? Okay, here's mine:

"While I'm coloring it, many questions pop into my mind, "how they decide on the winner?", "how's the marking?"... As you can see, we can use ANY coloring tools. There are color pencils, digitals, or even paper arts. It's unfair to compete between all these different categories. So I thought they might pick a winner from each category and decide who's 1st, 2nd and 3rd. If you want to compete digitally, I believe Cherry's artwork is outstanding, for she's the only one who colored it "3D-ly". But the winners are ALL colored in color pencils! Isn't it unfair for those who color it digitally?"


Cherry is extremely unsatisfied with the result. Not because she didn't win, she's same as me, don't give a damn for that hairband, but, oh, read her blog and you will know. This whole contest just doesn't seem well-planned. However, I do think the 2nd prize deserved to win, so is the 1st. But 3rd?

2 comments:

Cherry said...

So mad! Arghh! Agreed with you. They should pick the most outstanding one from different categories: Hand colored, Digital, Collage (paper art).

Really don't know what they really think when choosing the winners.

I believe there were A LOT more artwork WAY BETTER than the 3rd one. There are more entries that were colored by hand which were nicer! (IF SS INSIST CHOOSING HAND COLORED ONES)But why this? = =

Chun said...

Yea, I found some hand colored one really nice. I will accept if they really choose the NICE hand-colored one, but that 3rd prize?